We are looking for a Web Designer & Developer to build awesome websites! If you love putting identities on the web space, this job is for you!
You will use your coding skills to focus on end-user experience. You will be expected to:
- Design, develop and handle the deployment of new websites, both template-based and custom designed ones;
- Manage, update and improve a portfolio of WordPress managed websites;
- Create responsive designs, concepts, and sample layouts for a variety of asset types based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts;
- Design and implement new features and functionality into a working theme or plugin;
- Present close-to-final ideas and concepts for onward presentation to clients;
- Design and manage the website back-end including database and server integration;
- Conduct website performance tests;
- Troubleshoot content, design and functionality issues;
- Conduct WordPress training with clients;
- Contribute ideas and recommendations to the overall brief by reviewing and optimising the performance of various web channels, including splash pages, entry pages, and customer journeys;
- Reproduce design works in different languages and formats; and
- Gather requirements from team members and produce email shots for on-going and bespoke campaigns.
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites across multiple browsers and devices;
- Experience in working with WordPress (from a backend point of view);
- Have implemented solutions with the majority of the most popular WordPress plugins (e.g. WooCommerce);
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development;
- Comfortable working with debugging tools;
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers;
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages;
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN;
- Possess strong conceptual skills, including online application, architecture and UX/UI concepts;
- Fluency in graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, is considered an asset;
- Ability to effectively execute multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Ability to work from concept to final execution with minimal supervision, and be able to work in a team; and
- Committed to confidentiality;
The ideal candidate should maintain a professional demeanour, and be familiar with Web and Digital industry best-practices.
We want to meet YOU!